Post-Mediation This week the NEU President has met with NEU members on Tuesday, February 28th & Thursday, March 1st for a debriefing of what happened at Mediation and what to expect.
In short, the presentation included:
- An overview of what has occurred to date
- GN's Final Offer
- NEU's Mediation Offer
- GN's costing of NEU's proposals
- Some pertinent references
- What to Consider & What Next?
- Section 42 Public Service Act reviewed
On March 1, 2012 the Mediator sent his report declaring an impasse at mediation. NEU President has requested permission to post the letter on NEU website. As well, NEU President has formally requested an actual verified costing of the NEU proposals that were presented by GN at mediation.
Coming Events (weather permitting):
NEU will be negotiating the Essential Services Agreement with GN from March 8 - 10
NEU President will be meeting with NEU members who work for GN in:
- Cape Dorset for Tuesday, March 6th at the Community Hall from 7 pm - 9 pm.
- Kugluktuk for Monday, March 12 at the Community Hall from 7 pm - 9 pm.
- Cambridge Bay for Wednesday, March 14 at the Community Hall from 7 pm - 9 pm.
- Gjoa Haven for Thursday, March 15th at the Community Hall from 7 pm - 9 pm.