- NEU Offices Closed for Nunavut Day - Enjoy the HolidayThursday, July 8, 2021All NEU Offices (Iqaluit, Cambridge Bay and Rankin Inlet) will be closed Friday July 9, 2021 to mark Nunavut Day. Offices will reopen Monday July 12 for regular business hours. Our Members work to make Nunavut work and the NEU recognizes the contributions they make at work and beyond to the development of our great Territory.The NEU joins all those the call Nunavut home in marking this important holiday and in celebrating Nunavut Day! Please enjoy and respect all Territorial and local health precautions while celebrating.Read more
- A Canada Day Message from the NEU PresidentWednesday, June 30, 2021As we all celebrate Canada Day in our own personal way, I urge all NEU Members to consider marking this July 1st by wearing something orange – in addition to or in place of – the traditional red and white. I ask our Members to do this in recognition of and respect to the recent findings of more than 1200 unmarked graves at former residential school sites in our country. How can we mark the history of our country while ignoring the parts of it that still scar the lives and well being of the original inhabitants of what we have called Canada for the past 150+ years? While people might be tempted so say things like let the past be the past, how can we move on while so many families throughout Canada struggle with the thought that it might be one or their relations laying in an unmarked grave? If we truly want to celebrate Canada, we must first and foremost recognize our successes and failures as a Nation. Let’s start with our historic and current failure to treat our Indigenous peoples – living and passed - with the respect and care they deserve.William (Bill) FennellPresident – Nunavut Employees UnionRead more
- THE JUNE 2021 NEU NEWSLETTERFriday, June 18, 2021The NEU Newsletter is your Newsletter. If you are not receiving it via email (to a personal email) or a posting notification (to a work email) then please contact email@example.com to ensure we have up-to-date contact information on file for you. We are always looking for content suggestions and feedback from our Members regarding anything and everything we do - and this is especially true for the newsletter. So if you have any ideas or comments regarding the new NEU Newsletter, please contact our Communications Officer at the email above.
- Find your NEU Service OfficerTuesday, May 25, 2021
Please select "Read More" to access a PDF document and a table that shows who your NEU Service Officer is.
As always, please feel free to call us at 979.4209 (within Iqaluit) or tollfree (from elsewhere in Nunavut) at 1.877.243.4424 to get in contact with your Service Officer. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to contact your Service Officer or any other NEU staff.Read more
- A Message to GN Members from Bill FennellTuesday, April 27, 2021
To access this message as an image or a PDFRead more