NEU President Jason Rochon thanks two of the countless City (and others) employees who have been working tirelessly since the beginning of the water crisis in Iqaluit. Some pizza and pop was a nice gesture but how we can really thank our workers during this crisis is by being nice to and looking out for each other. Let's stick together and thank our workers for all they are doing for us during this terrible situation. Remember the people in the water line in front of you and behind you and in the same situation as you and we all owe our City (and others) workers a thank you.Read more
- Thank YouFriday, October 22, 2021
- Let's Stick Together During Iqaluit Water-Supply SItuationMonday, October 18, 2021
The current water-supply situation in Iqaluit is a terrible and we need to stick together and look out for one another until it is resolved. As with any emergency situation there are people who step up to help their community - from NEU Members like the water truck drivers and so many other City employees, the individuals loading and unloading heavy bottles of water as they arrive - to the volunteers working the bottled water pick-up locations. These people show us that these situations can also bring out the best in us. Kindness and patience is what is required to say thank you to all civil servants, volunteers and businesses that are stepping up during this time of crisis. Remember our City of Iqaluit employees, those in bottled water lines ahead and behind you and all those working for you during this crisis are in the same situation as you are and deserve your gratitude, patience and a thank you or a kind word.Read more
- Press Release: NEU Motion Reveals Government’s Intentional Attempt to Leverage IncompetenceFriday, October 15, 2021FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 15, 2021 – Iqaluit, NU: Documents obtained through a September 24th Nunavut Employees Union (NEU) notice of motion filed with the Nunavut Court of Justice as part of the Union’s ongoing Bad Faith Bargaining Claim revealed the Government of Nunavut’s intentional attempt to leverage their incompetence at the bargaining table.ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᔪᓂᑦ: ᐅᑐᐱᕆ 15, 2021 - ᐃᖃᓗᐃᑦ, ᓄᓇᕗᑦ: ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᐱᓯᒪᔭᐅᔪᑦ ᓯᑎᐱᕆ 24ᒥ ᓄᓇᕘᒥ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑏᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᖏᑦ (NEU) ᐱᒋᐊᖅᑎᑦᑎᓪᓗᑎ ᖃᐅᔨᒃᑲᐃᓂᒃᑯᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᖅᑐᐃᕕᓕᕆᔨᒃᑯᓐᓂ ᑭᒡᒐᖅᑐᐃᔩᑦ ᑲᔪᓯᑎᑦᑎᓐᓂᖏᓐᓂᑦ ᓯᓚᐃᕐᕆᔭᐃᓂᒃᑯᑦ ᐋᔩᖃᑎᖃᒐᓱᐊᕐᓂᒃᒧᑦ ᐅᓐᓂᓘᑎᒥᑦ ᓴᖅᑭᑕᐅᓪᓗᓂ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᒐᕙᒪᒃᑯᑦ ᐱᔮᕆᓗᑎᑦ ᐊᑑᑎᖃᖏᑦᑐᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᔪᓕᖅᑎᒃᓯᓇᓱᐊᕐᓂᖏᓐᓂᑦ ᑕᐃᒫᓪᓗ ᐋᔩᖃᑎᖃᔪᒪᓪᓗᑎᑦ.
To access the full story or the PDF of this press release (ENG and INK), please
- New NEU President and ExecutiveThursday, October 14, 2021Iqaluit: October 7, 2021Jason Rochon (left), newly elected President of the NEU is congratulated by outgoing President William (Bill) Fennell who proudly served as the leader of the NEU for two terms. Jason becomes the third person to serve as NEU President.ᐊᔾᔨᙳᐊᖅ:ᐃᖃᓗᐃᑦ: ᐅᑐᐱᕆ 7, 2021ᔭᐃᓴᓐ ᕉᓵᓐ (ᓴᐅᒥᓐᓂ), ᐊᖓᔪᖅᑳᖅᑖᖅ ᓄᓇᕘᒥ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑏᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᖏᓐᓄᑦ, ᐊᓕᐊᓇᐃᒍᓱᖃᑎᖃᕐᐳᖅ ᐊᖓᔪᖅᑳᖑᓚᐅᕐᑐᒥᑦ ᐅᐃᓕᐊᒻ (ᐱᐅᓪ) ᕙᓄᓪ ᐅᐱᒋᔭᖃᑦᓯᐊᖅᑐᒥ ᐱᔨᑦᓯᕌᖃᔪᓐᓇᕐᓂᕆᓚᐅᖅᑕᖕᒥᓂᑦ ᓄᓇᕘᒥ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑏᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᒪᕐᕈᐃᓕᖓᓪᓗᓂ ᐱᔨᑦᓯᕋᕐᓂᒥᓂᖓ. ᔭᐃᓴᓐᓕ ᓂᕈᐊᖅᑕᐅᔪᖅ ᐱᖓᔪᐊᓄᑦ ᐱᔨᑦᓯᕋᖅᑎᒋᔭᐅᓗᓂ ᐊᖓᔪᖅᑳᕆᔭᐅᓗᓂᓗ ᓄᓇᕘᒥ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑏᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᖏᓐᓄᑦ.For the Press Release and full story, including all the newly elected Executives ready to serve Members, pleaseRead more
- Find your NEU Service OfficerTuesday, September 28, 2021
Please select "Read More" to access a PDF document and a table that shows who your NEU Service Officer is.
As always, please feel free to call us at 979.4209 (within Iqaluit) or tollfree (from elsewhere in Nunavut) at 1.877.243.4424 to get in contact with your Service Officer. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to contact your Service Officer or any other NEU staff.Read more