- March 21 – International Day for the Elimination of Racial DiscriminationThursday, March 21, 2019March 21st is the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. Proclaimed as such in 1966 by the General Assembly of the United Nations, the 2019 theme of this day concentrates on the rising levels of supremacist and nationalist ideologies that often target immigrants and refugees. These dangerous ideologies falsely promote the idea that the ‘majority’ of a society are somehow superior to racial, religious or other identifiable minorities.The theme this year holds great significance considering the very recent terrorist and racially based killings in Christchurch, New Zealand. The cowardly attacks on Muslims in a sacred place of worship brought many Canadians back to January 2017 when a gunman killed six worshipers in a Quebec City mosque.New Zealand, like Canada is known and respected for being an inclusive and multicultural society and events like these are tragic reminders racism and extreme supremacist ideas exist everywhere.As a Union, it is the duty of the NEU to promote workplaces where Members work in environments of respect and that are free of racial discrimination of any kind. As citizens of Nunavut and Canada, it is the responsibility of each of us to do our individual and collective parts to see that we also live in a society that rejects and condemns all forms of racism, nationalist populism and supremacist ideologies.Read more
- GN Bargaining Update #2 - March 2019 (GN Employees)Wednesday, February 27, 2019
This is the second Public Service Alliance of Canada-North (PSAC-North)/Nunavut Employees Union (NEU) bargaining update posted concerning the current round of bargaining with the Government of Nunavut (GN).
The NEU is committed to keeping you informed on developments in bargaining and we will post updates like this after each Bargaining Session.
Please note that if you are an active NEU Member working for the GN and are not receiving these updates directly via email it is most likely because we do not have a personal email on file for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide an email we can use for future updates as well as other communications.
To access the full March 2019 (#2) update, pleaseRead more
- Do you Collect Aurora Rewards Points through Canadian North?Tuesday, February 19, 2019Planning on flying soon? Make sure you have the NEU/Canadian North Booking Code to ensure that you benefit from the special, negotiated rate for NEU Members when you fly Canadian North. Please contact us to get this code. And, if that wasn’t enough, for Members who have not already registered for the one-time per Member Bonus Aurora Rewards points, you can still take advantage of your NEU Membership to benefit from Canadian North’s amazing Aurora Rewards. If you have never registered for the one-time Bonus Points, you can still get 2,500 Bonus Points just for being a new NEU Member.To find out howRead more
- GN Bargaining Update - February 2019 (GN Employees)Friday, February 1, 2019
This is the first of several Public Service Alliance of Canada-North (PSAC-North)/Nunavut Employees Union (NEU) bargaining updates that will be posted concerning the current round of bargaining with the Government of Nunavut (GN).
The NEU is committed to keeping you informed on developments in bargaining over the coming weeks and months. To that end, we will post updates like this after each Bargaining Session.
The NEU Executive would like to thank your Bargaining Team for their time and effort up to this point as well as the hard work they will put in in your behalf as the bargaining process continues.
To access the full first update as well as the PSAC-North/NEU January 2019 Proposed Non-Monetary Package that was presented to the GN by your bargaining team, pleaseRead more
- The December 2018 NEU NewsletterThursday, December 20, 2018
To access the December 2018 NEU Newsletter in English (ENG) or Inuktitut (INK), pleaseRead more