- Nunavut Employees Union Convention Call 2021Tuesday, December 22, 2020The Convention Call originally was sent out in the December 2019 NEU Newsletter and the Convention was scheduled to take place in October 2020. Due to COVID-19 concerns the Convention was rescheduled to October 2021.Watch your email in 2021 for Call Outs for: Proposals; Regional (and Alternate) Vice-President Nominations; and Convention Delegate Nominations. If you are a new Member or did not receive these emails or notifications in 2020, it may be because we do not have an up-to-date email on file for you. If this is the case, please email email@example.com to provide us with an email we can use to send you Convention related and other NEU news and information in 2021. To access a PDF of the Convention Call., pleaseRead more
- THE December 2020 NEU NewsletterTuesday, December 15, 2020
The NEU Newsletter is your Newsletter. If you are not receiving it via email (to a personal email) or a posting notification (to a work email) then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we have up-to-date contact information on file for you. We are always looking for content suggestions and feedback from our Members regarding anything and everything we do - and this is especially true for the newsletter. So if you have any ideas or comments regarding the new NEU Newsletter, please contact our Communications Officer at the email above.Read more
- Workplace Health and Safety (Nunavut) SurveyTuesday, December 1, 2020
The mandate of the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) North Nunavut Regional Health and Safety Committee is to identify, promote and assists union's actions around workplace health and safety.
PSAC Members, including NEU Members in Nunavut are encouraged to participate by responding to this survey so that they can better understand how the Health and Safety Committees are working.
The questions are intended to assess whether the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee in your workplace has fulfilled its duties and functions. Please click here to participate and provide your valuable feedback.Read more
- Please Support Bill C-213: Canadian Pharmacare ActTuesday, December 1, 2020
The NDP tabled Private Member’s Bill C-213, An Act to Enact the Canada Pharmacare Act, in February. Bill C-213 is groundbreaking new federal legislation, modeled off the Canada Health Act, to establish a universal, single-payer, comprehensive and public pharmacare plan that will deliver better healthcare and improve the health and lives of millions of Canadians.
The NEU is asking our Members to show support for this important Bill sponsored by Peter Julian (New Westminster-Burnaby BC) by signing an e-petition at https://www.peterjulian.ca/pharmacare.
For more information on C-213, pleaseRead more
- Find your NEU Service OfficerWednesday, September 2, 2020
Please select "Read More" to access a PDF document and a table that shows who your NEU Service Officer is.
As always, please feel free to call us at 979.4209 (within Iqaluit) or tollfree (from elsewhere in Nunavut) at 1.877.243.4424 to get in contact with your Service Officer. You may also email email@example.com if you need to contact your Service Officer.Read more