The Local 003 (Medical Professionals working for the Government of Nunavut) Annual General Meeting will be held on Monday June 18, 2018 at 7:00 pm (EST) at the Nunavut Employees Union (NEU) Head Office Board Room in Iqaluit.
- Local 003 - Annual General Meeting June 18, 2018 in IqaluitThursday, May 17, 2018Support your NEU Local by participating in the democratic election of your next (2018) Local Executives. Executive Positions open for election are: President; Vice-President; Secretary/Treasurer; and Chief Shop Steward.For more, information, including how to nominate a Local 003 Member, eligibility to participate in the election process as well as how to obtain toll-free call-in information if you are unable to attend in person (and/or reside outside of Iqaluit), pleaseRead more
- PSAC Education Opportunity for Rankin Inlet MembersTuesday, May 15, 2018
A Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) Union Education Course is taking place in Rankin Inlet on June 1-2, 2018 at the Katimavik Suites.
Understanding and Interpreting Collective Agreement & Duty to Accommodate is a two day course open to NEU Members working in Rankin Inlet.Iqaluit-RO-Admin@psac-afpc.com
The final registration deadline is May 20, 2018 and this course explores key provisions in Members' Collective Agreements and what the law says about Duty to Accommodate and how this law is applied in the workplace.
For more information and how to register, pleaseRead more
- Notice of Local 005 General Meeting - May 24, 2018Tuesday, May 8, 2018
A General Meeting for NEU Local 005 will be held on Thursday May 24, 2018 at 5.30 pm (EST) at the NEU Head Office Board Room in Iqaluit.
The NEU Head Office is located in Building 165 beside the Arctic Ventures store and across from the (new) CBC Building. For Local 005 Members who are outside of Iqaluit and/or cannot attend the meeting in person, please Read more for how to get the toll free call-in number and access code so you can participate in this important meeting via teleconference.
Draws will be held for $50 gift-card prizes and Grand Prizes (Including one Round Trip Canadian North Airfare to/from communities serviced by Canadian North – including Ottawa) for Members participating in the meeting.
This is your chance learn more about your NEU Local, ask questions and participate in the election of vacant officer positions. To access the complete agenda for more information related to this meeting, pleaseRead more
- Do you Collect Aurora Rewards Points through Canadian North?Monday, March 19, 2018Planning on flying soon? Make sure you have the NEU/Canadian North Booking Code to ensure that you benefit from the special, negotiated rate for NEU Members when you fly Canadian North. Please contact us to get this code. And, if that wasn’t enough, for Members who have not already registered for the one-time per Member Bonus Aurora Rewards points, you can still take advantage of your NEU Membership to benefit from Canadian North’s amazing Aurora Rewards. If you have never registered for the one-time Bonus Points, you can still get 5,000 Bonus Points just for being a new NEU Member.To find out howRead more
- About the Nunavut Employees Union (NEU)Monday, January 29, 2018
Our Members often ask what is the NEU/what do they do for me and who makes up my union? The shortest answer is that the NEU is a component of the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) and represents more than 4,200 workers working for Nunavut and the diverse communities that make up the Territory. The NEU formally came into existence in 1998 just before the official birth of the great Territory of Nunavut in 1999. Its roots in working for those that make Nunavut work dates back well before that as does Nunavut’s true history. For more information, or to access the NEU pamphletRead more