- September 29 - QEC Members Officially Ratify New Collective AgreementMonday, October 3, 2022On Thursday September 29th NEU Members working for the Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) officially ratified a new Collective Agreement. The agreement will commence upon the date of signing unless otherwise indicated and will have an expiry date of December 31st, 2024. The NEU would like to thank Kathy Aulenbach, David Ford, Stephan Inaksajak and Lisa Kirk for their hard work and dedication as part of the QEC Bargaining Team. Without the selfless work of these NEU Members, the negotiation and ratification of this Collective Agreement would not have been possible.Thank you Kathy, David, Stephan and Lisa for standing up for your Union, your coworkers and for all of Nunavut. Highlights and details of the new Collective Agreement are available at https://www.neu.ca/sites/default/files/documents/tentative-agreement-qulliq-energy-corporation-en-689.pdf.Details of the official signing of the Collective Agreement will be announced shortly.
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation - Friday September 30Friday, September 30, 2022
All NEU Offices will be closed Friday September 30 to observe the important National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Offices will reopen for regular business hours on Monday October 3, 2022.
The NEU urges Members to participate in local events such as the Truth and Reconciliation BBQ being hosted by NEU Local 18 in Rankin Inlet.
Please see below for the NEU’s statement on the importance of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. To learn more about why this Day is so necessary and important, please visit psacunion.ca/.
- PSAC Online Education Opportunities - Your Chance to Learn at Your ConvenienceThursday, September 29, 2022The NEU is a component of the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) which means NEU Members have access to online resources and education opportunities through the PSAC. The PSAC is currently highlighting five online courses that can help NEU Members:
Each of these courses are “self-paced” and online, meaning you can take them at your convenience.Read more
- Participate in their union more effectively, including conferences and conventions by learning how to write effective resolutions;
- Understand how their union works;
- Understand of the causes and effects of precarious work and what our union is doing about them;
- Know what grievances are and the process your union uses to provide representation to members; and
- Deepen their knowledge of their collective agreement.
- First ever NEU Women's Leadership Conference in Iqaluit Nunavut, December 4th, 5th and 6th.Friday, September 16, 2022
Come join us in Iqaluit December 4-6, 2022 for the first NEU Women’s Leadership Conference. Please “Read more” for the Registration Form (fillable or printable PDF) for this important and exciting event.
Deadline to register is Friday, October 7, 2022 at 4:00 pm EST.
- Registration open: 2023 PSAC National Health and Safety ConferenceMonday, September 12, 2022PSAC's 2023 National Health and Safety Conference will be held in person January 27-29 in Montreal with the theme “Shaping the future of work: building safer, more inclusive workplaces”.At the conference, delegates will have the opportunity to build on PSAC’s important work protecting our members’ health and safety and improving working conditions in workplaces across the country.Delegates will plan the work of our union in the years ahead, debate resolutions and participate in workshops and focus groups.For more information, including how to register to attend, pleaseRead more